Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Conservation Documentary

This past summer I accompanied my advisor on a trip to the Philippines.  Along with another student and a small field team, we went to a small island called Siquijor to survey and observe the condition of cave-roosting bat species on the island.  My job was to film the trip, and ultimately to produce a documentary highlighting the threats these bats are facing and promoting cave conservation.
I accumulated over 14 hours of footage from caves and the forest.  Over the past several months, I have logged all the footage and slowly begun editing.
You can see a rough cut here:
It's far from finished, but it gives you an idea of what the final product will be like.  I don't think the translations are very accurate and will likely be changed later. For now they are just placeholders.

1 comment:

  1. This is a really interesting project. I look forward to seeing it progress into its final versions.

    ReplyDelete