Friday, February 25, 2011

Holy Continuing Work on Documentary, Batman!

Nearing the end! I'm so close I can taste it! Over the past few weeks I have been posting clips from the interviews we conducted in the Philippines on youtube so they can be translated into english.  Here are two of them:
Try to figure out what they are saying! It's hard!  Anyway, I have just received the translations from the second clip there, and am working on making subtitles now.  This is an important interview because Danny here talks in depth about the threats facing the cave bats and I think it is important to have a native speaker addressing these issues versus a foreigner alone.  I have also been working with a composer via email who has agreed to score the video.  I'm looking forward to hearing what he comes up with.
I will be conducting my last interview with Jodi on Wednesday.  I think this will also be a very valuable interview because Jodi will provide transitions between topics and fill in the necessary gaps in the video.  After Wednesday I will finally have all the footage I need to piece everything together.  I plan to have a 99% complete video for our screening, but I will continue to make tweaks over spring break. The last step I plan on taking is writing a transcript of all the English interviews to translate back to Tagalog.

3 comments:

  1. you video are are looking professional now. I'm glad you finally got the translation, but I'm sure it would be a pain to figure out what they are talking about. I'm looking forward to your final product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your recent advancements! can't wait to see what you' ve got by the end of term and more importantly, the end of your project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The score will be critical in driving the assemblage of clips along to creating a feeling of culmination and resolution. Did you consider including a map to show the region or Professor's Sedlock's graphic showing the "hot spots" of bat habitat?

    ReplyDelete